Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Now I'm the GM!

Cap'n Roddy
If I were the 'Canes GM, I'd try and correct two glaring weaknesses from the 'Canes recent past-putting the puck in the net and fashioning a defensive corps that includes real power play quarterbacking from the blueline. First, I'd cut the deadwood. Gone would be:

  • Jeff O'Neill
  • Marty Murray
  • Pavel Brendl
  • Bret Hedican

I would then try and add scoring and powerplay grit by adding Cory Stillman (8th in the league in points in '04) and Darren McCarty. On the blueline I would go out and get Adrian Aucoin-because he's good and it looks like Pete says so. The more interesting addition would be Brian Rafalski to QB the powerplay. Both the PP and penalty kill get better with the addition of these guys.

Here's my $30.5 million 2005-2006 Carolina Hurricanes Dream Team:
Forwards
Brind'Amour C
Staal C
Cullen C
Adams C
Cole W
Williams W
Ladd W
Vrbata W
Vasicek W
McCarty W
Forbes W
Stillman W
Boulerice W

Defensemen
Wesley
Kaberle
Rafalski
Aucoin
Ward
St. Jacques
Wallin
Rourke

Goalies
Gerber
Ward

No comments: