Friday, November 18, 2005

Kaitonisms, Forslund's Doo, and Trip in Control

I'm seeing horns...
photo: Apex KOC
Listening to 'Canes radio voice, Chuck Kaiton, on the Sirius radio during the drive home last night I was reminded of his unique pronunciation of Czech and Slovak names. I first noticed his seemingly odd pronunciation pattern years ago. He always called Marek Malik, "Malek Mahleek." Last night I heard Chuck call Radim Vrbata, "Razim Vuh-bata." He also called Thomas Kaberle, "Toe-moss Kahber-lah." Is he a deft integrator of eastern european dialect or a hopelessly clueless linguist? He doesn't seem to fiddle with the pronunciation of most other other Czech or Slovak names.

Got home to watch the 'Canes broadcast on Center Ice and was struck by the continuing deterioration of John Forslund's control over his hair. He seems to have added an additional 2-3 quarts of Mobil One to the mullet hoping I guess to give it more body. Unfortunately, he's forming hair horns with this now radical fore-and-aft comb over. I'm sure John's a great guy-he's just starting to look a bit demonic.

I've really enjoyed Trip thus far this year. Less non-sensical dialog about dinner the night before. Less name dropping and more thoughtful analysis. His hair also looks marvelous....

2 comments:

Stormbringer said...

Glad to know that I am not the only one who thinks Forslund's hair is quite icky looking. He *really* needs to lay off the hair grease. But it's not just the grease...it is also AND ESPECIALLY the overall way the hair is shaped. I understand if John's trying to cover up any hairloss, but dang...

The Acid Queen said...

I like how it was called a "Melrose Mullet" on letsgocanes. Very amusing, indeed.

(and I can't be the only one who thought of "Werewolves of London" when reading your comment about Tripp's hair. Seriously.)