Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Teacher's Union has Spoken

Bump, bump, bump, another one bites the dust...
Out here in the west, the seeds of certain species of plants will only germinate if they are consumed in fire. You got to burn it down to grow anew. So goes the saga of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Pat Quinn suffered an undisclosed, permanent administrative change in postion description. When questioned about the true meaning of this very Quinn-like phraseology, Quinn commented in very plain and uncustomary language, "It means I got fired, damn you!!!"

So begins the Coach Mo era of "Moslon trap and counterattack Leafs hockey." I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that first meeting Mo has with Jeff O'Neill (if ever). I think Mo will ask Jeff to accept an immediate, geography-directed administrative change in payroll source.

7 comments:

Ingmar "W" Bergman said...

Hi Mr. Mirtle.

I love the fact that he was "dismissed" , not fired according to several Canadian media outlets.

Ingmar "W" Bergman said...

Actually, you are not Mirtle. I knew that. :/

I am not on drugs, I swear to you.

CasonBlog said...

What are you French? Oh, I'm sorry, that's merely your king's lineage.

Love your site Ingmar. I'm honored by the error in association.

The Acid Queen said...

Oooooooh, bonus history points for the reference!

My hubby the historian approves. :D

CasonBlog said...

Marshall of France, Joseph Bernadotte was given to Sweden as a monarch by Napoleon. He later betrayed Napoleon and helped defeat his Emperor at the Battle of Leipzig in 1813. Rumor has it that Bernadotte had a tatoo on his chest that read something to the effect of, "Death to kings!" A holdover from his days as a revolutionary no doubt...

Ingmar "W" Bergman said...

No, that's the tattoo on Sean Averys ass.

CasonBlog said...

Touche' mon ami...