Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Can you blame him?

Fox Sports has a video sequence of a few Hurricanes players reflecting on game two. Take note of Bret Hedican's commentary (try not to be distracted by the dangerously thinning dome locks). Can you blame him?

Hey sunshine/bandwagon/my company paid for the box/daddy got me the seats/it's the place to be seen tonight in Raleigh, game attendees! Like Bret says, I wish they would have locked you clowns out and not let you back in. I had a coach who used to say, "Act like you've been there before" as a way of demanding self-discipline and poise in either victory or defeat. The same message needs to go out to this crowd. If you can't stay put for the final 20 seconds of a thrilling game, you don't get it and should just go back to bashing Herb, drinking white Zin on your deck in Cary, or making that evening step aerobics session.

Game three tonight. The Devils had a closed-door soul searching session after practice yesterday. Napoleon had one of those right before Waterloo.

Mr. Mojo is Risin.' Got to keep on risin.'

10 comments:

The Acid Queen said...

Hedi is the man, just for that comment.

Bill Purdy said...

I've taken a bit of heat (but a whole lot of support, too), for a thread I started about this at the Canes "official" fan forum. I'm pretty sure the only people who can even attempt to defend those who left are... among those who left. Please. They should've been forced to pay for their mistakes.

CasonBlog said...

I've give my right arm to be there this season. Those who can afford to get in ought to respect the game more than they do. One of the reasons I share her majesty's take on the recent jacking of ticket prices. Many hardcores will dig deeper to be there, but many more bandwagon folks with time and money to burn, or fans of the opposing team, will start to show up. You must protect this house!

The Acid Queen said...

The official boards are a dumping ground for fools, trolls, and Gipper. Come to letsgocanes.com and scout.com and hang with the cool kids.

Bill Purdy said...

I lurk at those two, but choose to take abuse (i.e., post to a largely unappreciative audience) only at the official boards. I think I'm intimidated cuz you cool kids are so damned smart.

DrFrankLives said...

For those of us behind "no video" firewalls - what did Heddy say?

CasonBlog said...

Testing Testing-blogger comment function

CasonBlog said...

Ok it works. Hey Doc. Hedican shares the view you logged in your blog post. He thought the pansies should have been locked out-no hand stamp-no return. Get in your Beemer and go back to Prestonwood.

DrFrankLives said...

Damn right.

Hoo-ah.

What exactly did he say?

CasonBlog said...

Hey Doc-I tried to paraphrase cause I'm a lousy court stenoprapher. He did suggest that the gatekeepers should have barred the door to re-entry for the sunshine fans. He was disappointed that folks bailed when they did.