Happy game one everybody. Many are venturing here because CasonBlog is a final-four hockey blog. Others might be here after reading about CasonBlog in the N&O (although they never mentioned name or the URL of the blog-evidence of an insidious plot to undermine new media, me thinks--UPDATE: IT'S THERE. I MISSED IT. PLEASE DISREGARD THE RANT).
Here's a little primer. This blog is irreverent and never to be taken too seriously. You want a soliloquy on the merits of the left-wing-lock, you won't find it here. This blog is about hockey players and the characters who orbit about them-including my fellow bloggers. Here you will find shots fired at blowhard pundits who get paid to be widely published, arrogant and often wrong. At times you will see Monty Python riffs and references to the cartoons and TV shows of my youth. Mostly it's about my team since the 2001 playoffs, the Carolina Hurricanes.
There is a lot to chose from now in the Carolina Hurricanes blogosphere.
- You want detailed eye-witness reporting, and thoughtful analysis from the the 100 level of the RBC, check out Red and Black Hockey.
- Need tough Caniac love and a healthy smattering of rhetorical napalm? Check out Sweet Tea, Barbeque and Bodychecks and meet the Acid Queen.
- Want some GenX culture and music reviews with your 'Canes dialog? Check out Stormbringer.
- Go to letsgocanes.com if you want to join in the discussion and connect with some of the most connected Caniacs in the world.
- And if you want to connect with other Sabers fans, check out this one .