The Mighty Ducks of Los Angeles, in Orange County, in Anaheim, but not in dismal old, rundown and far too ethnic Santa Ana, are now the Anaheim Ducks. Today they rolled out their new graphic identity. Looks like they brought in the Queer Eye crew for at least one element.
- Black and tan...ummm beerrrrr.
- Lots of sharp edges make the logotype look like some sort of stealthy ninja weaponry.
- The Batterang-like webbed foot "D" would look better as a stand alone graphic.
- Why do a duck foot as your principal graphic element? Is that the most graphically compelling part of a duck's anatomy? I don't think I want to know the answer to that last one.
- Asymmetrical stripes cause permanent damage to my heterosexual male neurology. I still get a migrane when I look at a Craps or the old Ducks jersey. Black accented with swooshes of color that start at the hip and end in the armpit must be slimming. Just Sewwwwpurrr!