Friday, June 23, 2006

JJ moves up the food chain

JJ Guerrero of Canucks Hockey Blog brought (or paid for) a hot date, and ponied up the fun tickets for a new suit and tickets to attend last night's awards show.

Nice summary and photos of some clean shaven Stanley Cup Champion Carolina Hurricanes !!!!
(enlarged font mandated by the new CasonBlog style guide)

One report I read said Wardo and Staal pillaged the media buffet table. If so, it kind of makes that Onion piece carry the ring of truth.

I watched a bit last night. Nice intimate party designed by Canadians for Canadians.

  • Nameless Canadian band (what, no Bare Naked Ladies?)
  • Nameless Canadian comic
  • D-List Canadian celebs including Tom Cochrane of 1981 Lunatic Fringe fame ( I saw Red Rider twice in college) and some hottie from that show on the SF channel that has Lorne Greene and Michael Landon on a spaceship fighting robot cyborgs.
  • No Kid Rock, Cuba Gooding or Nuke LaLoosh (thank God)

Roddy winning the Selke was a no-brainer. His ode to Lavvy was heartfelt and powerful. Lindy Ruff winning the Adams was kind of a downer, but Lindy kept that club fighting when lesser men would have made excuses and looked to bail.

I think Lavvy's gonna be Ok. He's got the important hardware.

5 comments:

Bill Purdy said...

I saw Red Rider twice in college

Showing your age, Scott. Showing your age.

Stormbringer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stormbringer said...

"No Kid Rock, Cuba Gooding or Nuke LaLoosh (thank God)..."

Yeah...what was up with Kid Rock and Cuba Gooding Jr. hanging out at Game Seven? I guess I could hang with Cuba being there (though that picture of him with Ray Whitney made me think of the Bud Light ad with the dude sneaking into a beisbol team's locker room celebration), but Kid Rock?! I know it would mean the team is getting more popular, but I hope the rumors of Kid Rock becoming a partial owner of the Canes are false. I don't want to even imagine the possible advertisements to come out of Kid Rock have ANY SORT of involvment with the team. Can we say quite possibly the 2003-04 "This Is HOCKEY!" radio ad all over again?! o_O

CasonBlog said...

I seen to recall it as, "This is Hockey????"

Bill Purdy said...

Kid Rock was there pretty much every game from the New Jersey series on. I guess if I wore a porkpie hat and people gave me free food, I'd mook on camera and wear embarassing "Redneck Hockey" t-shirts, too. What better does the guy have to do that doesn't involve Scott Stapp?