Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen, Your Honorary Game Seven Team Captain

So why isn't he wearing red and silver?

Thanks to Christy at Behind the Jersey for asking me to participate in her "Behind the Blog" series. I think we all look forward to these, and I'm honored to be included...even if it is right before game seven with my team coming off a standing eight count.

Pep Talk Abstract
Go Canes. Play with pride tonight. Don't walk away knowing you had something left in your tank or in your bag of tricks. Most of you will never get this chance again. Forget the last two games. You can't change history. But you can still make history.

...And Mick McGeough, you humpty dumty on skates; you spastic thespian on a Red Bull rush; you all around overofficious jerk (blast from the past for Buffalo Bills fans), don't you screw the whole thing up for either team.

UPDATE: McGeough will be watching it on TV like the rest of us. Wheeew!

5 comments:

Jameso said...

At this stage, all we can hope for is a) either almost nothing is called and a free-flowing game results, or b) the bad penalties even out. I think Secret Option c)- a well reffed game- is out.

Chris said...

Believe.

The Acid Queen said...

Lo, there do I see my father.
Lo, there do I see my mother, my sisters, and my brothers.
Lo, there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
Lo, they do call to me.
They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.

Black Dog Hates Skunks said...

McCreary and Watson for tonight.

CasonBlog said...

I tried to find out who had the game before going off on McGeough, but was not successful. I feel better now. Thanks for the update BD.