Monday, January 08, 2007

The "Tag" Game is Back

Join the Navy and Meet Nurses Who Look Like Hot Celebs!
We did this a few months ago and it was fun. It's the old "Five Things" game of tag. You list five things folks don't know about you, or that you vow to neither confirm nor deny if pressed. The Chief has tagged me and I tag my SESO pards, Jen and TLW to be next in the chain. Chief says he likes my saltier side, so here are my best five deniable sea stories from 9 1/2 years of naval service in a previous life:

1. I may have buzzed and terrorized innocent Filipino citizens late at night in their grass fishing shacks during my brief stay at the Cubi Point Naval Air Station. I may also have dive bombed their cattle and had the aircrewman toss "D" batteries out the cargo door at the unfortunate beasts.

2. Me and the boys in my helicopter detachment may have crashed a University of Washington fraternity party in the late 80's and used the ruse that we were Blue Angels to secure the affections of select sorority girls in attendance.

3. I may have provided cover for my squadron mate, the legendary "Uncle Hootie," while he took a dump in the cockpit of an F-14 fighter on the USS Enterprise. Hootie always hated fighter pukes.

4. I may hovered close alongside a Soviet destroyer in the Persian Gulf while my aircrewman (aircrewman would do anything on a dare) mooned the ship's captain and the political commissar as they stood on the bridge wing.

5. I may have met my wife on a night when a group of squadron mates and I crashed a birthday party for the wife of my buddy's old commanding officer. We may have only been at the party because our original plan to meet up with some Navy nurses in a bar went bad after they turned out to be Rosie O'Donnell fat.

5 comments:

TLW said...

Must be some universal thrill about chukin D batteries at beasts. I've peened a few Gators with em.

JP said...

Are you sure #1 doesn't violate the Geneva Convention (or is the Geneva Convention just for other countries to follow)? :)

CasonBlog said...

I think back then I would have called it manly but innocent fun. It was something young and stupid males like me would have done in Iowa just as soon as in the Philippines.

Back in the day in the Philippines, stuff like that in the mountains and river valleys was kind of a rite of passage for young naval aviators. That lasted until a guy I went to flight school with hit a logging wire and crashed in a mountain ravine. That put an end to "flathatting" in the PI...that and the threat of Islamofascists with shoulder-launched rockets.

magnolia_mer said...

Dude, please post something new so I don't have to look at that pic of Rosie anymore!

thehockeychick said...

That's some classic sh*t. And I would've been putty in your hands with the Blue Angels line (especially if you were in uniform)... ;-)