Wednesday, January 31, 2007

There's a Donnybrook Raging Over at the AJC Online

Damn, How'd Rosie Get in There Again?

Fellow SeSo blogger, Jen, posted an intro to this discussion about hockey blogging, access and the definition of legitimacy on the Atlanta Journal Constitution's Thrashers Blog. Kudos to AJC blogger, Craig Custance, for dumping napalm on this grease fire.

It's one of the best hockey blogging discussion strands I've ever read. If you really want to get inside hockey blogging, check out the virtual steel cage match between Eklund, his Uruk-Hai and just about everybody else. If you prefer to just focus on actual hockey commentary, I don't blame you.

7 comments:

magnolia_mer said...

Casey, what IS it with you and the Rosie love? Jeez, man...

I have no problems with 'quality' bloggers getting press creds. It's pretty easy to sort out a fan blog from one that provides serious news and analysis.

But beyond that, who will determine the criteria for granting creds, how will they be applied and who will arbitrate disagreeable decisions?

CasonBlog said...

Rosie's there for you Mer. I grew up with sisters and learned at an early age how to get under their skin. Still got the magic.

Regarding the AJC thing. There are a small group of titans fighting over credentialling and legitimacy, but I don't see how it will really affect amateur bloggers like you and me. The fun is in just watching a world-class brawl from the safety of my relative anonymity.

The Acid Queen said...

I wouldn't fight against Dwayne Klessel and his hangers-on if I didn't think I was right to do so.

CasonBlog said...

I got some new knowledge this am from a trusted source (e1?) that this fight is a noble one. Character matters.

Tapeleg said...

Thanks for having my back on the AJC blog thing. I would have responded, except I was laughing to hard. Jimbo must represent the "hockey world".

CasonBlog said...

Thanks for having mine. Methinks Jimbo an operative.

Tapeleg said...

He might be. It is kind of funny that I'm the one he smacks around, when you and I were the ones trying to get things back on topic. And I didn't even mention Ek.

I got a nice response from Eric at Offwing Opinion after that. So, overall, a good post.