Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Countdown to SESO Challenge

CasonBlog to play the role of France in looming war of attrition


Over at the Southeast Shootout, bloggers for the remaining Southeast Division contenders have agreed to a little contest. Bloggers for the teams that do not win the division must post a sickly-sweet, suck-up post in honor the club that emerges as Southeast champ. JP of Japers' Rink blogs for the Craps, so he was able to bail early. JP will function as our Howie Mandel and moderate this deal. As the sole Hurricane blogger in the mix (exclusivity is over-rated, I'd love to have some pards join me over there), I will defend the honor of the Stanley Cup champs.

The way things are going for the Hurricanes, I am starting to feel a bit French. Is it too soon to surrender? "Vichy Carolina" is starting to have a nice ring to it.

I sense this will be an evolving contest, and that the stakes may rise as time goes on.

The Canes have eight games remaining against SE teams, including two games against the Thrash, and two against the Lightning. The Craps and Panthers a ton of games left to play against SE teams. The Panthers last seven are against SE teams. I'm sure they and the Craps will enjoy playing the role of spoilers. Should make for some excellent smack. Time to rev up the Smack-o-Meter.

6 comments:

The Acid Queen said...

Vichy?!

Man, now I want to pull a Victor Laszlo and get the band to strike up "La Marseillaise" in defiance.

CasonBlog said...

As he left the arena last night, Lavvy was heard to exclaim, "I'm shocked, shocked to find that playoff caliber hockey is going on in here!"

magnolia_mer said...

And to think I held off on using Casablanca quotes in my comments because I was afraid y'all would think me 'cheesy.'

CasonBlog said...

Ahem...."Stylish and whitty."

Jennifer said...

You want to up the stakes Cason? Just name it. I'm feeling pretty confident these days.

CasonBlog said...

Rhetorical "stakes" first...