Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hostile Takeover

We're Doomed! Doomed!
In a brazen power grab, the CB Skepticism Department seized control of the CB Department of Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy. The dastardly coup happened immediately after the Canes second consecutive game night bitch-slap, and sent the entire HHJJ staff of blue, yellow, red and lavender Wiggles sreaming into the night (thanks Bill for pushing the Wiggles to my frontal lobe the other day).

Great post by Luke on Lord Stanley's Blog that links to some serious statistical analysis on the Canes chances to make it back to the playoffs. I'll save you the pain. It's the statistical equivalent to "Slim and None."

Question for the Caniac Faithful: What's the deal with the little puck flip goalies like John Grahame do after they make a glove save? Crackers seems to gaze in a hypnotized fashion on his mitt while he rhythmically bounces the puck. The linesmen also seem cool on giving him his space while he goes thru the little ritual.

Oooh, that was nice
1. Mike Commodore puts up a much stiffer fight from his knees than the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
2. On his new radio show, Dennis Miller is off and riffing about things I just do not comprehend. He invites callers to talk, cuts them off in mid-sentence and then goes into a totally tangential rant...kinda like Monday Night Football, eh, cupcake?
3. David Lee looks absolutely fabulous in a Canucks lid. I'll miss that playoff beard. He was on his way to becoming our own little Geico Caveman around this time last year.
4. The Versus marketing staff are working to generate some buzz about their playoff coverage by reaching out to bloggers like moi. I do hope there's some cash for coverage involved. I can shill-wit-skill when properly compensated. For the record, I'm a huge fan of the World Combat League and the Iditarod.

11 comments:

WufPirate said...

Home Games = puck handed to officials Hurricanes logo side up

Away Games = "" NHL side up

A little "good JuJu" that Crackers likes to do.

WufPirate said...

"For the record, I'm a huge fan of the World Combat League and the Iditarod."

Did I mention my other blog is about bullriding?

Margery Glickman said...

The Iditarod is barbaric. For the facts, visit the Sled Dog Action Coalition website, http://www.helpsleddogs.org

CasonBlog said...

I've always loved Balto. That scene at the end where grandma and the kid gaze upon that Central Park statue makes me cry every time. Who knew that Balto's heroic act would mean enslavement and annual death marches for the generations that would follow.

Versus, I've changed my mind. I'm now a Ted Nugent fan. He loves nature and all it's creatures. Screw Iditarod.

CasonBlog said...

Thanks for the knowledge, Herr Wuff.

Tapeleg said...

OK, now I'm curious. What is the deal with Versus?

Bill Purdy said...

My gift of The Wiggles is truly a gift of love.

Also, David's 'Canes lid's even nicer than his 'Nucks cap. He's just going through a contrarian phase.

Personally, I am looking forward to having half of next season's tickets paid for (with interest applied?) when the invoice shows up in July. It'll also be nice to spend some time with my new daughter (due next week!) instead of in the RBC parking lot, drinking beer and grilling hot dogs.

This is how I console myself in the rapidly fading afterglow of the 2006 Stanley Cup championship.

CasonBlog said...

Tape-Simple howdy from the Vs. marketing shop as of now. I think they'll want to engage us on promoting their coverage of the playoffs. So long as they know I may be easy, but I'm not cheap.

Tapeleg said...

Yesterday, someone from New York came to my blog by search google blogsearch for Versus hockey. Try it. I'm the 5th one down. Somehow, I don't think I'll be contacted.

CasonBlog said...

How do you get to google blogsearch? Is that a separate preference or advanced search?

Tapeleg said...

type in your search, but instead of clicking a button, click 'more' above the search area. The top choice is blogs. It does a decent job. Even if it gets me in trouble with Versus.