Friday, June 22, 2007

It takes a village

Kepis are for Frenchman! Real Buckeye Civil Warriors wore slouch hats!
(21st Ohio at Chicamauga)

It's 105 degrees right now in Tucson-hardly hockeyesque. But it's NHL Draft day in Columbus, and several bloggers are gathering downtown to celebrate renewal in the game we love. Every team get's to play today...unless you are Atlanta. Har!!!!

Sorry I'll miss the big hockey blogger conclave. It takes a village boys and girls. Just say "no" to oligarchy in hockey blogging. Wish I could be there. I hope this will be the first of many such "Moots." Can't wait to read the after-action reports.

I'm more interested in possible draft day deals than who the Canes might pick today. If JR wants a quality puck mover, he might have to trade the pick. I wouldn't call Anton Babchuk or Dennis Seidenberg "sexy" trade bait. Might not be bad to trade down in a fairly weak draft. Might be the difference between a Schneider vs. a Sutton.

4 comments:

PB said...

Hot and Cold are states of mind...

In my mind, it's the same temperature as the hockey rink.

It works - try it! I have my tuque on right now! :-D

PB said...

of course tuque is spelled like touque...yep...that's the ticket...

CasonBlog said...

My state of mind is melting. Moved 8 tons of rock yesterday for my mother-in-law. It was 105. Good picks by Gretz and crew. That defenseman they took at the end of the first looks like a monster. He and Ballard on the blueline could be very interesting.

PB said...

Oh wow...I couldn't imagine working in the 105 heat.

I like the picks...don't like the actions of the waiver wire...