Friday, June 01, 2007

Shine on you crazy Canadians

Oo-Oooh say can you see...?

Two things on Kukla's Korner caught my eye this evening. One is about all the top-tier Canadian talent that will turn out to make the June 14 NHL awards show a truly star-studded affair. Stand by for...

  • Trish Stratus, the most decorated Diva in WWE history

  • The Second City’s Next Comedy Legend on CBC (who shall remain nameless, I guess?)

  • Tyler Stewart, drummer from Canada’s ever-popular Barenaked Ladies

The other is the announcement that Alanis Morissette will sing both national anthems prior to Game 4 in Ottawa. Back in the day, she did a video in her birthday suit. Wanna boost some ratings there Versus?

4 comments:

magnolia_mer said...

I'm actually looking forward to this year's awards show because I might get some of the jokes this time.

CasonBlog said...

Yeah, I remember the manic-guy they had last year. Never quite got the schtick.

magnolia_mer said...

I think Alanis sucked tonight. IMHO

CasonBlog said...

Once you go naked, it's hard to get back to mainstream.