Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Boo Dennis Miller

Audio streams of my favorite drive-time radio show were free and easily accessible, until the ratings book came out. Now that the show has a little momentum, Dennis and Sal have gone pay-to-play. Newsflash, cupcake. Radio is free. Internet radio should be free...or at least nearly free. The Dennis Miller Zone experience now costs $50 per year.

I don't have a three hour drive to work, so I'll never catch the majority of the show in my car. I also don't have time or attention span at work to play the local stream on my computer and still take care of business, so I'm out for all but 40 minutes of his show every day.

I'm sure there is plenty of cash to be generated via advertising, club gigs, merchandising and O'Reilly Factor appearances, so why not let the peeps back in on the fun? I'm so pissed right now, I don't think I'll ever watch Bordello of Blood again.

5 comments:

magnolia_mer said...

That would suck for me. I hate it when my routine changes. Everytime my NPR station changes the lineup I go monkey-f-nuts until I re-acclimate.

Seriously, fifty bucks? I don't think satellite radio costs that much.

BTW, I found a YouTube clip of Dana Carvey on the DM show - don't know it's the one where he tells the Christopher Walken story yet - if it is I'll post the link.

I say this because I use the "Bear Suits are Funny" non-sequitur when I want to make a point to Hub. I said it on Sunday and he totally didn't get it, so I had to explain it to him all over again.

magnolia_mer said...

It is. The clip is 7:35, the Al Sharpton/Walken thing is in the last 1:35.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rL8zT-nG-8

is it worth fifty bucks a year? that's up to you, bro.

CasonBlog said...

I routinely drop $50 on some things without thinking about it. Kinda the cost of getting thru life. But $50 for something I can get for free, if I just quit having a life? I love Dennis Miller, but the shakedown-the feeling of being baited and switched, just rankles me.

Chris said...

You watched Bordello of Blood once?

CasonBlog said...

I tried. Looked like it was going to be a good mix of hot vampire chicks, gratuitous gore and obtuse Millerian comedy, but it just turned out dumb. Who was the genius who though Corey Feldman as a vampire was a good idea?