Monday, August 27, 2007

Canes Defense in Mid-2006 Season Form

Who among us hasn't feigned injury or illness to get out of something we really don't want to do? For me it was a sudden stomach flu in 6th grade, timed precisely to get me home early for the Speed Racer cartoon hour. For my son, it's rub the eyes until it looks like he has the flu to get out of football practice. It's starting to look like Frankie Kaberle has his own version of the time-honored trick, but he really pushes it to the outside of the envelope. I stopped short of going under any knife. Frankie must really hate training camp.

I want Secret Service level protection right now on Grampa Stillman. Make him wear the special penny-surround him with orange cones on the ice. This is starting to look like deja vu all over again. Last season, JR held his cards and waited out Stillman and Kaberle. That move hurt the club...a lot.

1 comment:

magnolia_mer said...

Cover him in bubble wrap, even!