Friday, August 24, 2007

Who's the biggest grampa?

Pass me the puck you little.....snoooorrrrrrrrr

According to some data posted on James Mirtle's site, the Carolina Hurricanes have the second oldest roster in the NHL. The other day, I referred to Cory Stillman as "Grampa Stillman." Our pal, the fact-checking fixated Beth, corrected me on her site by pointing out that chronologically, Stillman was one of the younger grampas.

To pervert a phrase from one of my personal heroes, the great Fernando, "It is better to look young than be young." I say you are as old as you look and Stillman looks like he should go ahead and don the burgundy fez and drive the little Shriner car in the Labor Day Parade. Sometimes you gotta be cruel to be kind. I've put a poll up over on the right side for you all to affirm my astute observation. Yes, Beth, I know I goofed up the spelling of Stillman's first name in the poll.

3 comments:

magnolia_mer said...

Time marches on. Sometimes right on over our shriveled old bodies...

*smacking you with my cane*

John said...

haha...I always thought Cory Stillman looked like someone's dad. Like he should be, I don't know, grilling meat or taking care of his lawn, not playing professional hockey.

CasonBlog said...

With that shaved melon, Stillman look's like Minnie-Me's dad.