Monday, October 29, 2007

Chris Simon-Sociopath

Hassan, Chop!

How does career troglodyte Chris Simon still find his way into any NHL lineup? This is a guy who has been suspended six times-his last a 25 game suspension for going Saudi Ministry of Justice executioner on Ryan Hollweg's neck.
His double-fisted head shot on Rod Brind 'Amour in the third period Saturday night wasn't physical hockey, it was simply predictably sociopathic behavior from a sociopath. He may love sunset walks on the beach and cute little puppies off the ice, but he's unpredictable and prone to incredible violence once he laces 'em up. Yeah, Roddy was in the process of falling down, but I'm not willing to give this career assclown any benefit of the doubt. Not that the head shot hurt Roddy. His face is probably the toughest part of his body.

A few throwback quotes from the remorseful one after the machete attack on Hollweg last March:
"I've always been known as a team guy, and I feel real bad about letting the team down. ... I think I'll wait until I talk to the league office, and then I'll answer all questions afterward."

"I want to apologize to my team and Islanders fans everywhere," Simon said in a statement released Saturday night during the first game of the suspension. "My actions Thursday night played a major part in our team losing a crucial game. I also want to apologize to the National Hockey League for the damage I have caused this great game of ours."

Notice that the dude's first instinct was to plead the Fifth. And the unwritten message is, "Hollweg and the Rangers can kiss my arse."

Nice game Saturday night from Dennis Seidenberg and the entire Stay Puft blueline crew. I've always been quick to slag the kid, but now I'm rethinking. I will have to start showing more respect. From this point forward, he is "von Seidenberg."

No comments: