Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Lets get physical

The Rangers are in the RBC tonight and I am looking forward to some bone-jarring action. Colton Orr and Avery should be made to feel like Simon Kenton on a Shawnee gauntlet run on every shift. I'd love to see Chad LaRose draw the Sean Avery torment assignment. Beyond the revenge factor, tonight would be a good night to deliver a little extra punishment from the forecheck to the defensive zone. The term "consistency" is one I've heard as the key to a Canes late resurgence. If that means consistently responsible on defense, consistently physical on every shift and consistently playing to win - as in no rope-a-dope, I'd agree.

If we are to believe that only one Southeast Division sqaud will earn a spot in the playoffs, the Caps seem to me the scariest team The are playing a very physical and fearless brand of hockey right now. Erskine, Ovy and Chris Clark all play with a deep mean streak. Then they have Brashear waiting in the bullpen if somebody takes a run at that impetuous little Ovy.

Rumor du jour
The latest I read yesterday on Spector was that JR was in negotiations with the Kings Dean Lombardi about Tom Preissing. Have you noticed how many times Bruce Garrioch's name comes up in Canes rumor mongering? Wonder why....But Tom Preissing at $2.75 mil thru 2011? That would make an under-achieving rebuilding mode castoff the highest paid blueliner on the Canes roster. And I bet he'd want a no-trade/no-movement clause. That's crazy! That Tom Preissing has devil eyes. I'm Brian Fellow!

3 comments:

magnolia_mer said...

Casey, that game was hella fun to watch (TWC gave us a free preview of Center Ice). It took fifty minutes to play the first period because of all the fights. Loved it.

Brookbank needs a nickname. I'm mulling possibilities. "Left-hook"-bank, maybe?

CasonBlog said...

The Brook-Bank Mountain Mauler?

magnolia_mer said...

Bubba at CC called him "Bloodbank."

I don't think I can top that.